Saturday 31 October 2009

Curb Your Punctuation


Now that I’m working full-time I’ve taken up multitasking. Most recently I’ve mashed together the tasks of exercising, reading, commuting, snacking and budgeting. I get off 4 stops earlier on my way to work, walking through South Bank with the latest Hamish & Andy in my ears, Frieze articles in hand and $2.10 saved in my pocket. It’s a nice walk. That time of the morning the city is still dozy. On my way home I juggle Hughsey & Kate, mX and sushi. It’s almost the perfect system. My day could only improve if I lived in London where I'd add showering to the list.


I’m getting old. I wrote a letter to the editor today. Over lunch I read an article in the paper about a woman’s “typical” day. In the 1950’s perhaps. It made me so angry it put me off my sushi. And nothing ever puts me off my sushi. I read about genocide, global warming, Top Gear deflecting to Nine, but this misogynist piece of arghhhhh was enough to turn me into a raging feminist.


Feminism. Religion. Twilight. Battery hens. Let’s never go there. They’re the subjects I get way too passionate about. It was a friendly debate but I still regret the day I tried converting a Catholic. A “cafeteria” Catholic. That’s the worst kind to try and convert because even they contradict their arguments. I was literally banging my head against a desk. For the sake of my tumor-free brain I seriously refuse to debate anyone else again over religion until I’m smart enough to be an atheist.


How many seasons has Curb been going for? Why am I only now just discovering this genius of a show?? It's knocked Arrested Development right off its pedestal. Never thought I'd see the day.


Been reading Ananova.com. It's my new Perezhilton.com until his posts towards Miley Cyrus become nasty again. I don't know what's come over him lately. All I know is I don't want to be a part of it.


Man cleared of kicking bucket was a classic. The animal tales are always a good read. Gay penguins and the activists that support them feature reguarly. Always penguins for some reason. Also read about a swan that's lovesick over a swan shapped paddleboat. And a pig in Sweden that burned his house down. Have I mentioned how great my job is? The day they go through my internet history will be an interesting one.


I never eat salad unless it's on something but I did yesterday. It falls somewhere between a condiment and a meal but it's not yummy enough to rate as a snack so I've never botherered with it on its own. But I gave it a chance. It failed to impress. Maybe if they just added more cheese. I'd be fine eating a mountain of lettuce as long as there's enough cheese intervals to get me through. Most of all it bloated me for the rest of the day. Who goes up a dress size on lettuce? Never again.


I had a fight with someone over punctuation the other day. My life really has turned into a Seinfeld ep. Full stops and the commonsense benefits of using them was the argument. In the end. The debate started over full worded texts. Nothing annoys me more. I can't stand sloppy wording generally but in texts I can't understand why people don't use it. They're a-nothingness, disposable message. Not worth the effort of a full tmw.


4 comments:

  1. This is quite a potpurri of ideas! lol Perhaps I should check into Curb Your Enthusiasm, as I cannot imagine how any show could top Arrested Development. I mean...chicken dance???? There's no way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was a tough decision to dethrone AD. But now that you've reminded me of the chicken dance.. I may have made a tiny big mistake..

    ReplyDelete
  3. the man kicking bucket is hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anannova.com is the only 'news' site that anyone should read and ignore those boring old proper news sites that can only depress the hell out of you.

    Just looked through some of your older posts, your art absolutely kicks ass!

    ReplyDelete